As part of my rekindling with Tarot exercises, over the past few days I explored how to set up goals for this new year using the cards. As explored in my previous post, I decided to write this time about my exploration of Midheaven’s suggestion on combining astrology and tarot, and this approach which led to a number of options and areas to focus on throughout the year. I also drill down on what I consider to be my main objective for the year – linking with my spiritual community! Read on to find out.
The astrology and tarot seemed to me a novel yet holistic approach, but you may want to consider the more traditional 12-card wheel of the year, or Biddy Tarot’s spread here, or a card selection and journalling method here and a mix of these last two in this Vision Spread here. Anything goes, really!
I initially crafted about five goals, and reduced down to three based on triad Tarot readings, which interpreted using elemental dignities. These are my best three – what to do you think of my interpretations?
- Jupiter – Developing Marriage (ten of wands, two of wands, six of wands). I interpreted this triad to signify that this could be a great year for us to develop as a couple as long as we focus on ourselves, not letting us feel overwhelmed by external pressures and by aiming to creatively see the big picture.
- Uranus – Exploring Politics (XV Cerunno, II High Priestess, two of cups). Loved this triad, to me it felt as as a nudge from the universe in terms of successfully entering this space, with a sense of responsibility and fun.
- Neptune – Linking to a Spiritual community (9 de pentacles, King of wands, X the wheel). What a great triad, to me to signify a very practical approach. I understood my spiritual development this year should be very grounded yet intuitive, trusting the process while at the same time affirming my values.
This last goal, of deepening linking to a spiritual community seemed the most interesting one to explore further, so using this spread by Jeanne Florini from Tarotworks I decided to have a further reading on this today. How to deepen/strengthen my spiritual community?
- What has been established (four of cups) – Although already sitting in a spiritual community, however I have been too lazy to actually develop any links, showing little appreciation and being indifferent to the people around me.
- What will need to be developed – Works nicely with the previous one, I need to start right were I am, by getting to know a bit more with the people I already know and being more appreciative of them.
- What might obstruct or hinder progress – I think this is already what is happening, deep down I am already very shy and I don’t bond well in groups. I may perceive conflict or rejection when there isn’t really one. Tricky.
- What are the most useful resources or best possible action – Surrender and recognising this is a process (see above with the Wheel), but also one-to-one relationships? I may need to refocus my strategy as not to feel ovewhelmed by the group.
- Likely result of this process – Success, new energy and vitality and renewed intuition.
Wishing you all a great year. How do you approach your goal setting through Tarot?